All about Iowa history.
- History and Constitution
- A PDF file of Historical information from the Iowa Official Register which includes listings of former governors and other officials, a history of the Underground Railroad in Iowa, name origins of Iowa's 99 counties, and the Iowa Constitution.
- Iowa Office of the State Archaeologist
- This is a very useful reference resource on Iowa history which includes brief entries on the history of each of Iowa's 99 counties and a lengthy reading on Iowa's cultural heritage beginning with ancient times. Bibliographies are presented for each topic.
- Iowa Prairie Network Home page
- The Iowa Prairie Network is an organization dedicated to creating awareness of and preservation of our tallgrass prairie heritage. Their home page includes listings of events throughout the state to acquaint the public with the beauty of the prairie.
- Living History Farms
- Des Moines-area open-air museum. Information on admission, hours, and special events is provided.
- Native Nations of Iowa
- This site is packed with valuable information about Iowa's native peoples. It includes information on the tribes, sites, their languages cultures, and histories. Links to other sites dealing with Native Americans are presented along with much information which disputes many traditional beliefs about Native Americans.
- State Historical Society of Iowa Home Page
- Highlights the valuable collections, services, and publications of the Society's museum, library, and other divisions. Also provides a listing of historical sites in Iowa.